Thursday, August 28, 2008

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I'd been hearing good things about Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, so I picked up the first disc from Blockbuster.

And... I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Perhaps I was expecting to be blown away like I was for the pilots and first few episodes of Battlestar, LOST, Dexter or even Mad Men. Maybe because I know the story of John Connor through so many films, it's just not fresh to me. Although, I must say that Lena Headley is a total MILF (those are actually my girlfriend's words) and Summer Glau is cyborg-next-door fantastic as a sexy but naive Terminator.

Granted, I've only seen the first two episodes, and will watch the third tonight. I know that a show can take a while to hit it's stride and pick up steam. I do like it enough to continue watching it for now, so we'll see where it goes. Don't get me wrong, it is exciting. It's visceral in the punch-you-in-the-nuts variety, but I'm still waiting for the emotional meat. I'm an omnivore, you know?

Update: I'm on disc 3, and it's getting good. Really good. It's not Battlestar Galactica, but there is some serious man/machine conflict, and not just the physical kind. Guess it just needed time to ferment.

No comments: