Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Quill and Ink


Quill and Ink, originally uploaded by Trevor Finn.

I'm back from my 2-week trip to Italy! On one hand that's depressing, but on the other hand I didn't get a chance to write the entire time I was there, and for a writer that's excruciating.

So, while I was there I confirmed my writerdom by getting this pretty feather quill and ink for my desk. I have no idea how to use it, let alone write in courier font, plus I'm left handed so even if I did know how to use it, I'd smudge the ink all over everything anyway.

But, it looks pretty, and it will give me luck.

As for the career front, I started my first week of being a paid writer/producer this week, for the company I mentioned before, that does corporate tribute videos. Meaning if a CEO is retiring from the company, we're who they hire to make the video either celebrating or lampooning them. So you can imagine the sheer lengths to which I can stretch my storytelling and comedic muscles. I self-deprecate, but actually, I do like it. I can actually say I'm a writer. I can't say I'm writing what I want, or getting paid how I want, I'm not in the Writer's Guild and am not even writing for broadcast TV but damnit I'm a writer!

No comments: