Friday, July 17, 2009

CFC interview!

I received a call this morning from the Canadian Film Centre and I've been asked to go in for an interview for their Prime-Time TV Writer's Program! They don't know exactly when yet, but likely over the August long weekend. I was planning a camping trip that weekend, but I'll cancel that eagerly for this.

There were 5 people, including myself, that applied to the CFC from my writing group. Two were given rejection notices on Monday and since then the rest of us have gotten requests for an interview. Of course I was the last person to find out. It sucks for the people that didn't get in because they are both great writers, and for one of them this is the second attempt at applying. Ironically last year they got an interview and they didn't this year even though they felt like their material was stronger. I'm not sure what to make of that, though I was told that there were many more people that applied this year than previous. Perhaps that's because of Denis McGrath, Alex Epstein and other Canadian scribes extolling the virtues of the CFC over the blogosphere?

Past the first gate and closing in on the second!

1 comment: